it means that some people think they are that worthless that they will settle for abusive love. they attract the people that treat them how they think they deserve to be treated. others may have their sense of self-worth so won’t settle for anything below what they deserve. how you view yourself is how you’re going to be treated is what it’s saying. so, if you think you deserve more for yourself, that’s what you’re going to get, but if you don’t think you’re a good person, you will settle for much less than you really do deserve. don’t depreciate yourself, because one day you’re going to find someone who will give you everything you deserve and more.
Make me laugh. This is important, laughing is important.
Do well with my family, especially my nieces and nephews. When I see you’re working well with them it makes it seem that you actually want to be around my family. You’ll also win kudos points with my eldest sister, who is like my second…
I like these, I want to make 10 for me too. I’m gonna elaborate on what you said, since I like it a lot.
1) Keep me engaged in conversation. i don’t care if it’s laughing, teasing, deep conversation, or talking about nothing. But let’s keep finding out about each other.
2) Get along with my family. My dad will mercilessly tease you- mostly me about you- and you need to hold your own with him. Be sarcastic-trust me, he will be impressed if you can throw it right back at him. My brothers, cousins, grandparents, parents- I love my family. This is important that you get along with them/fit in.
3) Be kind to everyone. Yes, you like me and want to be a gentleman for me, but I need to know you’re consistent in how you treat others. Be kind, thoughtful, polite, to everyone. (Yes, it is possible to be wildly sarcastic and still kind and loving at the same time).
4) BE SPONTANEOUS. I am the type that loves spontaneity but rarely does it on my own. Get me out of my comfort zone, take me somewhere I’ve never been, teach me how to take risks and be thrill-seeking.
5) COMMUNICATION. Seriously. Whether it’s good or bad, or you want to change something about us, or you’re not sure about something, or I’m doing something wrong, or ANYTHING. TALK TO ME. (Especially relevant right now. DO NOT IGNORE ME. Anything you have to say cannot possibly hurt worse than being ignored.)
6) Support my dreams. I dream big, and I need someone who supports that. However, along with that, have your own dreams. I can’t be with someone who doesn’t aspire to something.
7) My faith is serious to me. No, i’m not perfect, and I will screw up, but I need you to support me in my walk with God and pray with/for me.
8) Accept my flaws, but help me to fix them. (I stole that one word for word, i really like that one).
9) Be intelligent. No, I don’t mean book smart, or university smart, or Master’s degree smart. But be able to hold intelligent opinions on topics. I like to debate, I like to hear what people think, especially if it’s different from my own thoughts. Be able to engage in intelligent conversation/debate with me and/or others.
10) Be romantic. I am a hopeless romantic. Gestures go far with me. Money doesn’t matter, what counts is the thought. Write me a note/letter. Give me a flower. Get something for me because it “reminded you of me”. Be sentimental. (Also note- if/when I get mad at you because you did something wrong, I will probably melt at a heartfelt apology, even if it’s against my better judgement.)
So if a teenager is at school for roughly 8 hours, and they are doing homework for 6+ hours, and they need AT LEAST 9 HOURS OF SLEEP FOR THEIR DEVELOPING BRAINS, then they may have 0-1 hours for other activities like eating, bathing, exercise, socializing (which is actually incredibly important for emotional, mental, and physical health, as well as the development of skills vital to their future career and having healthy romantic relationships among other things), religious activities, hobbies, extra curriculars, medical care of any kind, chores (also a skill/habit development thing and required by many parents), relaxation, and family time? Not to mention that your parents may or may not pressure you to get a job, or you might need to get one for economic reasons.
BLESS THIS POST
also filed under: reasons high schools copy homework and cheat
“When the Japanese repair broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something has suffered damage and has a history, it becomes more beautiful.”